Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Advent Tea Reviews Day One: Sleigh Ride

As an early Christmas present, some of my best friends got me an advent calendar filled with tea instead of chocolate. David's Tea, a Canadian company, put out a 24 Days of Tea and it is glorious. This being December first, of course, I felt it was time to dive in.

Today's tea is called Sleigh Ride, and it is an infusion of apple, hibiscus blossoms, pineapple, papaya, beetroot, cinnamon, raisins, coconut, roasted almonds and popped rice. Whew! That's a lot of ingredients. Sounds very fruity and nutty. The box says it's a Germany tea, which makes sense given the ingredients.

Alright! So I popped out the small tin for today's tea and opened it. Well, I tried to open it. And then my roommate tried to open it. I ended up prying the lid off with a butter knife, because the stickler did not want to come off! Not impressed with your fortitude, tea tin. Not. Impressed.



I brewed the tea about 3 minutes or so in boiling water, then set it down for a few minutes to cool off. The tea turned out to be a nice rose color, as many herbal teas with hibiscus tend to. It smells of cinnamon and apple.

My roommate made cinnamon rolls, yum. Snapped a picture to show you guys and alright! It is time to taste the tea!

The tea is still pleasantly hot when I got my first taste. The fruits own this particular blend, and I can definitely taste the apple and hibiscus the most. It has hints of spice to it, almost reminding me of an apple cider. It goes very well with the cinnamon rolls.

I guess that's all for today! Tune in sometime later this week for everything else I've done or tasted or whatever.

No comments:

Post a Comment